Monday, June 23, 2008

Decision made!

This last Friday was my last day of school . . . for not just the summer, but for an undefined period of time while I stay home to be mommy to Clara and lots of other foster kids. We met with Youth For Christ head of Foster Care on Friday and were told that we were a "go" for doing Receiving Care and can get licensed for 2 beds. Pray for us this summer as we get all the stuff done that needs to be done: TB shots, Mattie's immunization records, references, a home study that includes having an escape ladder and fire extinguisher somewhere in the house among a few other tasks. If all goes well, we should be ready to go by September, hopefully. Please, please pray for us as we prepare our hearts this summer for this, which is actually WAAAY more important than preparing our home. We will be having kiddos for less than 30 days while a more permanent home is found for them, either in a foster home or with a family member somewhere. It will be challenging, as the kids will be coming straight to us from their disfunction at home, with little or no information coming with them, except the reason they were pulled from mommy and/or daddy in the first place. We want so badly to shine Christ's love to these little ones and are knowing that it could be the only time they hear about how much Jesus loves them. If any of you want to help in any way, let us know, or you can also help my mom's foster babies she has or Mashel and Allen's twins they have in their home.

On another note: Is anyone watching "Nashville Star" on NBC on Monday nights? Jeremy, my sister Sara, and I are totally into it. Just wondering . . . :)

3 comments:

Mashel said...

I am so excited for you and for YFC and of course for God! He is working so wonderfully in your life. I can't wait to share this journey with you guys. It is so great, I knew it would all work out. And you get to stay at home! An incredible blessing. God blesses us when we do His wonderful work for His children. I am so excited. Please let me help in anyway that I can. Do you have your fingerprints yet? That takes the longest, so get that done ASAP if you haven't already.

ps I am into that show too, which is funny because I don't even like country music. I was sad that Justin left last night, he really did good job with that song. I love Melissa, (I think that is her name)... go MOMMIES! She has two little boys and is so down to earth. I love her songs and she does a great job. I was so scared that she was in the bottom two last week!

Trista Megan said...

You have such a big open heart. your willing to take in kids that need a home while there going through things.god is using you in amazing ways.i will be keeping you in my prayers.

<3 trista!!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Trista, you're the coolest ever! I need to know your myspace so I can look at yours, too.