Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin patch . . . say "cheese!"

This morning, my sister, Sara, and I took Clara to Maris Farms, mainly to take pictures. It's been pretty rainy around here, and the forecast is for more rain all the way through Halloween, so I jumped this morning at the chance to get out there. Poor Jeremy had to miss out, as he had an AWANA conference to go to. Sara and I only stayed there for about an hour and a half, but that was enough time to get lots of pictures. Clara isn't really the best about looking at the camera, especially in a new place where there are so many things to look at. She'll say, "cheese!" as much as you want her to, though. :)

Before we even got there, I was looking up directions on the Internet, and she saw a picture of the cow train. The whole way up there, she just asked for cows, cows, cows. So, after we got our pictures with the pumpkins, we made our way over to the train, not knowing if she'd be old enough or big enough to ride it. I'm not sure if she was or not (she was the smallest one in her group by far) but she did it anyway! At first, she didn't seem too sure (I followed on the other side of the fence, to get a lot of pictures, and she was just looking at me, saying, "bumpy! bumpy!" with this unsure look on her face. But, towards the end, she was smiling more. She's just so darn serious about stuff all the time! (Hm . . I wonder where she gets that from?) :) Here is one of the many pictures we tried to get with the pumpkins. Like I said, she wouldn't look at the camera.




Cute picture with Aunt Sara


Another pretty cute one with me. I look a little dorky, but she's cute







1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

We still have not been to the pumpkin patch - I'm soooo sad!